Hearings – Board of Commissioners and Zoning Board
Held upon Public Notice
Case 2021-02 to be heard on April 8, 2021 at 7:00 pm via VIRTUAL MEETING PLATFORM; SEE WEBSITE FOR INSTRUCTIONS TO ATTEND.
Applicant: Route 441 Investors, LLC
Matter: Request for one dimensional variance to be able to construct a proposed 130,00 square foot flex space facility in two buildings in a General Commercial (C-G) district
Property Owner: Food Lion, LLC
Subject Property: 16.8-acre parcel located on the northwest corner of Orchard Road and Harrisburg Street, Dauphin County, PA, Uniform Parcel Identifier 63-024-128.
SEE ATTACHMENTS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Case No. 2021-01-ZHB: Virtual hearing WAS to be conducted on March 11, 2021 at 7:00 pm. THE APPLICANT HAS CANCELLED THIS MEETING; NO NEW DATE HAS BEEN SET
Applicant: Scannell Properties #441, LLC
Matter: Request for relief in the form of variances from specific lot size and dimensional requirements in a General Commercial (C-G) district to be able to construct a proposed 124,740 square foot logistics facility on a 10-acre parcel located near 1031 Highspire Road.
Property Owners: Allen C. Bender, Robert M. Bender, Jr., and Carla Bender
Subject Property: 10 acre parcel located between Highspire Road and Eisenhower Boulevard, Dauphin County, PA, Uniform Property Identifier 63-062-026.
Case No. 2020-03-ZHB: see attached notice below for hearing was held on December 17, 2020. DECISION: The requested variance was granted by the Zoning Hearing Board.
Applicant: Eric Horting dba New Beginnings Restoration, Inc.
Matter: Request for relief in the form of a Variance from a prohibition of specific commercial uses in a residential district
Property Owner: Lawnton Fire Company
Subject Property: 52 S. 46th Street, Swatara Township, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, Uniform Property Identifier 63-013-091 and 63-013-025
Case No. 2020-02-ZHB: see attached notice below for hearing to be held on December 17, 2020. DECISION: The requested variance was granted by the Zoning Hearing Board.
Applicant: Dauphin County Prison / County of Dauphin
Matter: Request for relief in the form of Variances from certain specific regulations regarding fences
Property Owner: County of Dauphin
Subject Property: 501 Mall Road, Swatara Township, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, Uniform Property Identifier 63-024-034
Case No. 2020-01-ZHB: The hearing is scheduled for Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 7:00 pm. The applicant has requested a Special Exception for a Major Home Occupation to operate a dog training business in the Single Family Residential District. DECISION: The requested special exception was denied by the Zoning Hearing Board.
3. See the Attachment below for a Public Notice of a Conditional Use hearing regarding the development of 1.2 million square feet of warhoused space. The meeting is being held by the Township Board of Commissioners on Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 7:15 pm. This hearing was commenced at the time and date as advertised. However, the hearing was not completed, and the Board of Commissioners held the hearing over until Wednesday, November 13th at 8:00 pm. The exhibits presented by the Applicant are posted on this web site. More testimony was provided by the Applicant, and Parties to the Hearing began the cross-examination of two of the Applicant’s experts. The meeting went on for another 1 hour and 45 minutes. At that time the hearing was halted, and the Commissioners announced a further continuance of the hearing. The hearing is now set to reconvene on Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 7:00 pm. Affected parties and interested citizens may still attend and provide comments and ask questions. See the Attachment below for the Notice for the initial hearing.
- Conditional Use Hearing to be held on October 9, 2019 by Board of Commissioners
- Amhaz Hearing Notice
- Hearings for Dauphin County Prison and New Beginnings Restoration
- Dauphin County Prison – zoning hearing application
- Eric Horting – zoning hearing application
- Scannell Properties #441, LLC – zoning hearing application
- Scannell Properties #441, LLC – sketch plan
- Route 441 Investors, LLC – application and sketch plan