As a reminder to Swatara Township residents, OPEN BURNING IS PROHIBITED. The burning of yard waste or household items in open pits or burn barrels is prohibited. Recreational fires are authorized as long as an approved container is utilized. If you are not sure, please call the Fire Marshal. If you are going to have a recreational fire, please follow these regulations:
- Approved container.
- Fires shall not be conducted within 25 feet of a structure or combustible materials.
- Conditions, which could cause a fire to spread within 25 feet of a structure, shall be eliminated prior to ignition.
- Constantly attended until the fire is extinguished.
- A minimum of one portable ABC fire extinguisher or garden hose shall be available for immediate utilization.
- While conducting a recreation fire, please be considerate of your neighbor, your smoke may be offensive.